The Summer School on History of Economic Thought, Economic Philosophy and Economic History was established in 1998. In 2013, it is organised by Middle East Technical University, Department of Economics and Administrative Sciences (Ankara, Turkey) and PHARE, University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris, France) in Ankara (Turkey). This summer school aims:
- To provide a thematic and specialised formation to PhD students in these fields of study;
- To guarantee the diffusion and scientific assessment of their work;
- To provide new approaches and enhance knowledge in contemporary economic analysis;
- To introduce PhD students to trans-disciplinary perspectives in the social sciences.
In line with this general approach, the Summer School is organized as follows:
- Workshops where PhD students present their work as written contributions to the debate, discussing them with senior scholars;
- Seminars presented by invited professors and researchers on the topic “Growth and Development : History, Theory, Policy”.
Tutorials aiming at helping PhD students with preparation of their work with a view to its further diffusion and publication will be organised.
About 30 PhD students and young scholars make up the usual attendance at the Summer School, joined by about 15 senior scholars. The working language is English.
Call for papers :
Participants: PhD students and young scholars (PhD degree after January 2011)
Fields: history of economic thought, economic philosophy and economic history (approx. 30 proposals will be selected for presentation)
Deadline for abstract submission: 30 April 2013
Abstracts of 750 to 1000 words, or full-papers of up to 7500 words (in English or French) should be sent to Çınla Akdere, firstname.lastname@example.org
Decision on papers accepted: 31 May 2013
Further information available here :