PHARE (University Paris 1 and CNRS) has the pleasure to invite you to the launching workshop of the international and interdisciplinary research project on the modes of financing and operating of lighthouses in Europe and its colonies, from the 17th century to the present day, in relation with their nature of collective goods.
See the program below and attached (registration required, modalities posted later).
Access: Maison des Sciences Economiques, 106-112 bd de l’Hôpital, 75013 Paris, 75013 Paris (6th floor). http://www.univ-paris1.fr/universite/campus/detail-campus/maison-des-sciences-economiques/
Metro station: Campo-Formio, Nationale or Place d’Italie. Bus : 57, 67, 27, 83 or 47.
– 09:30 Opening
– 10:00 Welcome address. A short presentation of the project.
– 10:30 Lighthouse in History: A survey of academic research (Vincent Guigueno conservateur en chef du patrimoine at the Ministry of Ecology (France))
– 11:30 The normative role of the empirical studies on lighthouses (Elodie Bertrand, CNRS (France))
– 12:30 Lunch break
– 14:00 The lighthouse: Historic analytic narrative on the provision of ‘public goods’ in Estonia (Kaire Poder, Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia))
– 15:00 The Swedish lighthouse system 1650-1890 (Erik Lindberg, University of Uppsala (Sweden))
– 16:00 Coffee Break
– 16:30 Lighthouse service provision: An institutional perspective (Laurent Carnis, IFSTTAR (France))
Elodie Bertrand, CNRS, PHARE (University Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne and CNRS)
Marie Daou, University Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne, PHARE (University Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne and CNRS)
Philippe Poinsot, University Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée, LVMT (Université Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée – Ecole des Ponts ParisTech – IFSTTAR)
Nathalie Sigot, University Paris 1, PHARE (University Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne and CNRS)